When the book work stopped—when the contract was dead—I packed everything up, physically and virtually. I went through the physical last week or the week before and it was a lovely experience of ridding myself. Let someone who doesn’t assign lots of negative energy to that crap have at it.
But when I boxed away the virtual stuff, I made a number of read-only disk images. Great for archival purposes but not for trying to clean it up and eighty-six the excess. So now I’m having to copy off the disk images to run the duplicate cleaner on them, presumably to then go into another disk image (actually no, just a directory this time). What took all night over Ethernet and NAS is taking about ninety minutes thanks to SSD.